Permanent, Qualified, Full Time & Part Time Educators for OSHC
We are seeking qualified educators with hearts for children, families and community; to inspire, encourage and support the team at Quinns Kids. Full time and part time positions available.
A not-for-profit, our goal is to provide spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical support to families of the Quinns Baptist College and the wider community through and beyond an out of school hours care. The team have a heart for the kids and their families and go above and beyond to offer the children a home away from home where they are known, safe, happy, supported and growing.
We operate Monday to Friday for before and after school care: 06:30 – 08:30, 14:45 – 18:30, and for vacation care 06:30 -18:30.
We have our own Quinns Kids room and access to the beautiful grounds of the College, with plenty of space for nature play, sports and games. Our team is positive, welcoming and enthusiastic about their valuable roles. We aim to be encouraging, collaborative and supportive, to offer quality and excellence.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Promotes the statement of philosophy of Quinns Kids and represents its values in all relationships and service. Adheres to the Quinns Kids Code of Conduct.
- Reports to the Nominated Supervisor or Educational Leader and seeks support and guidance wherever necessary.
- Ensures that children are adequately supervised always under your direct care and the team that you are leading.
- At all times, takes reasonable precautions and engages in adequate supervision to ensure children are protected from harm and hazard under your direct care and the team that you are leading.
- Is proactive in the learning of policies and procedures, and ensures that team members are following the policies, procedures and values of Quinns Kids.
- Encourages and supports the team members where necessary to deal with general behaviour management, emergency procedures and any incidents, concerns and issues that arise, within the framework of our policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the physical environment is safe, clean, secure and fit for purpose at the beginning and end of each session and delegates duties to the team.
- Takes an active role in the planning, programming and preparation of activities and opportunities offered to the children, under the guidance of the Educational Leader. Reviews and reflects on the activities and learning opportunities offered to the children and encourages the team to do the same.
- Communicates with all stakeholders effectively, through daily interactions, phone calls, email and meetings and is friendly, approachable, and professional. Undertakes all admin necessary for the effective running of each session.
- Adheres to the National Quality Framework and all laws and regulations pertaining to out of school hours care.
Qualifications & experience
- Degree or diploma in education, education support, recreation, sport science, leisure studies, social work, nursing.
- Recent, relevant experience in an education and care setting.
- Adequate knowledge and understanding of the provision of education and care to children, the National Quality Standards and My Time Our Place curriculum.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills and a sense of humour.
- The ability to support, encourage and lead a team.
- Reliability, punctuality, integrity, compassion, and wisdom.
- A working with children check card and a National Police Check.
- Hold or willingness to obtain first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma management training, HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting.
- Upholds values of Christian faith in terms of caring for children and working in a team, and respects the diverse beliefs and values of the team and families.
- Collaborative, reflective approach and committed to continual quality improvement of the service.
- A very warm and community-oriented environment
- Considerate and caring team
- Ongoing training, support and opportunities for professional development
- Opportunities to contribute to the vision of the service
- Supportive management team
- Uniform upon permanency
- Salary and employment conditions are in accordance with the Children’s Services Award 2010
Please apply online https://www.quinnskids.org.au/our-team/employment/